This is a website for North-East London Local Pharmaceutical Committee (NELLPC) formed under the NHS regulations to represent local pharmacy owners (and pharmacists). The committee represents all pharmacies in the London boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
The main activities of the committee includes:
- education and training for pharmacists and their staff
- representation on pharmacy services
- engaging with the public and voluntary organisations to improve quality and public perception of community pharmacy.
The North East London Local Pharmaceutical Committee is voted by the Pharmacy Contractors with the CCGs which are Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest helping contractors and the local community. The committee supports local pharmacists to deliver services to their community and represent their NHS contractual matters.
Vision and Purpose of the LPC
The main purpose of the LPC is to define, plan, develop, implement and continually review the most effective role for community pharmacists in the provision of contemporary health care in North-East London.
Vision- The Community Pharmacist:
- Has a well developed understanding of values, guidelines, ethics and laws that guide pharmacy practice in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Has empathy for people and is aware of wider health inequalities agenda and general principles of public health
- Is an expert in medicines management, pharmacotherapy, health promotion and pharmaceutical care.
- Puts to use knowledge, skills and expertise to ensure good use and safety of medicines
- Ensures good quality in products, services and communications
- Communicates to patients, other health care providers and decision makers in a clear and professional way
- Recognises the importance of evidence and documents. Actions taken in a systematic way so that communication of outcomes to professional colleagues is clear, accurate and succinct