On 24th June, NHSE&I announced the need for NHS Providers to undertake staff risk assessments, this includes Community Pharmacy. At their recent webinar, it was also reiterated that all Community Pharmacies are expected to comply.
NHSE&I have stated in their letter that assessments for at least staff in at risk groups (Including BAME) should be completed within the four weeks by 24th July 2020. Click here for the NHSE&I letter
NHSE&I is now requesting that all contractors complete an online declaration confirming a Risk Assessment has been completed for all staff.
There are two declaration windows for data collection, you are expected to submit your declaration during BOTH windows even if you have already completed 100% of your risk assessments.
- First window: 9am on Thursday 9th July 2020 until midnight on Friday 17th July 2020.
- Second window: 9am on Friday 24th July 2020 until midnight on Friday 31st July 2020.
The NHS BSA briefing from Thursday 9 July includes a link to the SNAP survey for all pharmacy contractors to complete. The same surveys will be used for both declaration windows.
You are required to do a risk assessment for all staff, in particularly those from an at risk group and/or a BAME background. At risk groups include:
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic staff (BAME), aged 55+, particularly with co-morbidities
- White European ethnicity aged 60+
- Underlying health conditions (hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, obesity)
Support Resources are available from RPS, NPA and PSNC. Please see the following links:
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society website
- National Pharmacy Association website
- PSNC have compiled available support and guidance on a risk assessment webpage as well as another on PPE, staff safety and security