Friday 9th August 2019
New Contract Workshop: September session
It is important to get new information to implement the new contract, for joint working with local PCNs and to understand local priorities that CCG set for certain PCNs.
We are expecting external presenters including those from national bodies and experts on the topics we will be covering in the workshop.
Date: Sunday 1st September 2019
Venue: Epping Forest Hotel, 30 Oak Hill, Woodford Green, London IG8 9NY
Numbers are limited so please book your place on the session now, we will confirm further details over the coming weeks.
Free training opportunities for pharmacists and pharmacy staff
Please pass this information on to your, pharmacists (particularly newly qualified pharmacists) and pharmacy technicians
Encourage your pharmacists to develop their confidence and competence so that you are able have the best workforce possible:
- Do you have newly qualified pharmacists working in your pharmacy?
- Do you want your (newly qualified) pharmacists to be the best they can be?
- Do want them to get free support to develop their management, clinical and consultation skills?
Foundation pharmacist training pathway
Do you have any pharmacists that have qualified in the last two years that works in an independent or small multiple pharmacy?
CPPE have limited places for Foundation pharmacist training, it is free, will not impact on the pharmacy time and will improve the competence and confidence of your newly or recently qualified pharmacists.
The CPPE Foundation programme will provide invaluable support to newly qualified pharmacists and the work they do in your pharmacy.
Fully funded, modular training leading up to a Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy until March 2020
There is also fully funded, modular training leading up to a Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy. Please see this link: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/pharmacy/pharmacy-integration-fund/pharmacy-integration-fund-courses-pharmacists
For Bath University click on this link: https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/apply-for-community-pharmacy-postgraduate-courses-funded-through-the-pharmacy-integration-fund/
Why complete the Certificate/Diploma course:
- Course is entirely aligned to the Foundation Pharmacist Framework, and uses this context to support development against it
- Course is accredited and credit-bearing, meaning that as well as completing a programme that supports Foundation stage development, it leads to a recognised academic qualification which will stay on their CV forever
- It contains embedded assessments that mean participants are best supported to engage with the programme, and are focussed on producing the best work they can
- Support is provided by a highly experienced team of educators, embedded within a research and teaching active department of Pharmacy
- As our courses are online, they are continuously and iteratively updated to ensure they remain up to date
- Our course is commissioned against specific learning topics/outcomes specified by Health Education England, providing assurance that it is aligned directly with health policy in England
Mary Seacole Leadership programme for community pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
Join the growing number of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in NE London who have signed up to the Mary Seacole Leadership Programme.
Full information is available on the CPPE website. The next cohort is taking place in London and applications close on Thursday 22nd August 2019 as outlined below.
Cohort 83 – London
Application closing date 22 August 2019
Start Date 3: October 2019
Workshop 1: 31 October 2019
Workshop 2: 9 January 2020
Workshop 3: 20 February 2020
Accuracy checking pharmacy technician programme
The CPPE Accuracy checking pharmacy technician (ACPT) programme aims to support pharmacy technicians to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to provide the final accuracy check of dispensed medicines that have been clinically screened or approved by a pharmacist, and assembled and labelled by another team member.
Click here for further details: https://www.cppe.ac.uk/career/acpt
Dear pharmacists, why can’t you source my life changing medicine? | Pharmacy in Practice
An endometriosis patient’s story of their experience with medication shortages and the impacts on their health and wellbeing.
PSNC Support for CPCF
The PSNC has released materials and organised roadshows in order to support pharmacies with the new CPCF. Please see the links below to access and make use of these resources.
You can now view an on-demand recording of the PSNC webinar to learn about the terms of the new CPCF agreement for 2019/20 to 2023/24: psnc.org.uk/CPCFwebinar
We will be holding a series of Sunday roadshow events across England, the sessions will be free. For more information and to register: ow.ly/Dkld30pgtPf