Recommissioning of MenAWCY
MenACWY will be recommissioned has been extended up to 30th September!
You MUST register to provide this recommissioned service. Even if you provided the Vaccination advanced service 2017/18 you will need to register again at www.sonarinformatics.com/lonmenacwy2018
If you wish to continue with the MenACWY under the new service specification, please complete the following steps:
- Register your intention to provide at www.sonarinformatics.com/lonmenacwy2018
- Read through, Print and sign the above SLA and service specification. This should be done by the pharmacy manager or lead vaccination pharmacist. The signed copies should be kept on file at the pharmacy- DO NOT SEND TO NHSE OR ANY OTHER ORGANISATION
- Each pharmacist providing this service must read through and sign a copy of the relevant PGD (Available from the service module in Sonar)
- Download all further service documents from the Sonar service module.
- The vaccine to be used in this service will still be Nimenrix and must be ordered from Pfizer using the ordering details below.
Pfizer Vaccines Customer Service Team on 0800 0894033 or at Email: VaccinesUK@Pfizer.com at a specially discounted price quoting the unique identifier “LONDON ACWY”.
Final Guidance on Ordering for 2018/19
NHSE has issued final guidance for ordering vaccine for the 2018/18 flu season.
For the 2018/19 season, all pharmacies participating in the scheme should offer the following.
- The adjuvanted trivalent vaccine (aTIV) for all 65s and over. Given aTIV was only licensed for use in the UK in August 2017, this was not an option for the 2017/18 season. However, the JCVI advice is that this is now the best option for 2018/19 for 65+ age group
- The quadrivalent vaccine (QIV) for 18 – under 65s at risk. In light of an independent cost-effectiveness study into QIV undertaken by Public Health England and considered by
JCVI, the Green Book was updated in October 2017 to provide the advice that QIV is the best option for 18-65 at-risk groups in the 2018/19 season. It is also used for the
The PSNC and NHSE guidance is very clear – Over 65’s cannot be given QIV instead of a-TIV. If a GP or Community Pharmacist does, they would be asked to justify their decision based on the clinical evidence the PHE guidance is based on.
NHSE has also included an FAQ in the updated guidance. If you have any queries, please check here in the first instance.
In light of the updated guidance, you may need to adjust your order accordingly.
If you are having difficulties changing your order, please contact the immunisation team.
For any further queries or concerns, please contact the LPC office.
The Vaccination service 2017/18 has now ended, documents from this service are available below but are no longer in use.
Pharmacies must register for BOTH the National and London service BEFORE administering vaccinations.
Briefings & Guidance for Vaccinations 2017/18
- PSNC Briefing – Guidance on the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Advanced Service 2017/18
- PSNC Briefing: Pharmacist checklist for the Flu Vaccination Service (August 2017)
- London Vaccination Service Briefing 10/08/2017
- PSNC Briefing 066/17: Services Factsheet – Eligible Groups for the Flu Vaccination Service 2017/18 (August 2017)
- Registrations Briefing London Vaccinations 2017_18
- Health and Safety regulations 2013 (Sharp Instruments in Healthcare)
- Pfizer Vaccines Briefing (MenACWY) and Ordering Nimenrix
- Briefing for the MenACWY Component of the London Pharmacy Vaccination service
- Nimenrix Administration Document
- London Vaccn Service Provider Briefing 25th September 2017
- London Pharmacy Vaccination Provider Briefing Ref Care home and domiciliary care workers
- KGibson NHSE Guidance for Influenza Vaccine 2018 Ordering for Pharmacy Teams in London Jan 2018 -UPDATE
- Urgent Call-‐to-‐Action for London Pharmacies to vaccinate Jan 2018
- London Weekly Health Protection Bulletin 201802
Vaccination Documents 2017/18
- NHSE Service Spec Seasonal Flu Advanced 201718 (November Update)
- NHSE Influenza PGD (November Update)
- Flu Vaccination Record and Consent Form 2017-18
- Flu Patient Questionnaire 2017-18
- Final London Pharmacy SLA 17-18 with MenACWY
- NHSE London IM influenza PGD
- NHSE London PGD MenACWY
- NHSE London PPV PGD Oct16-Aug18
- London Flu Consent Form 2017_18
- PPV Consent form 2017 London
- Men ACWY record and consent form 2017
- GP Practice Notification for Flu and PPV
- GP Practice Notification for MenACWY
- Offsite Vaccination Request London Service 2017 V2
- Immunisation Early Alert Report
- Standalone Patient Consent Form London Vaccination Service
Stay Well this Winter campaign
Flu will be part of the Stay Well This Winter campaign, launching on 9th October.
For campaign overview and to download resources, please see the following link.
Pharmacies & Vaccinations in Care Homes and Schools
Vaccinations in Care Homes & Schools packs
- Research and analysis: Influenza vaccine effectiveness: 2016 to 2017 estimates
- PSNC Promotional Materials
- National flu immunisation programme plan & Letter 2017/18- PHE
- Flu vaccination: leaflets and posters – PHE
- PSNC- resources for Pharmacy Teams
- Annual flu programme – PHE
- PSNC Webinar recording for the Flu Vaccination Service 2017/18